International Legal Counsel with 5-6 years of relevant working experience as a Legal M&A professional in a well-respected law firm and/or in an international company, for the technological division of a Spanish multinational group in the infrastructures sector, based in Barcelona (Spain).
Excellent knowledge of English is required; knowledge of Spanish and any other language is a plus. It is not necessary for the candidates to be Spanish qualified lawyers, to have Spanish nationality or even to be fluent in Spanish. They may come from other jurisdictions. Profiles with international background and experience will be especially valued.
Our client is the technological division of a large Spanish global and multinational company, a worldwide leading stakeholder in the infrastructure sector and headquartered in Barcelona (Spain). Group values include commitment to quality, innovation and efficiency, with a clear focus on customer service and high technical quality.
Descripción del puesto
As an M&A Legal Counsel, based in the headquarters of the group in Barcelona,
- you are responsible to be the legal business partner for all legal work relating to the M&A activities of the group, providing general legal advice, drafting agreements and developing appropriate legal solutions.
- you will support corporate restructurings, optimizations and carve outs needed to implement these M&A activities.
- you will involve on an ad hoc basis the regional counsels of the legal department in the M&A and Finance activities in their region.
- you further develop the Legal M&A function within the legal department, building on past practice and experience, by creating tools and templates for due diligence, contracts negotiation, signing-to-closing.
- you will be involved in learning stops for relevant M&A projects and create playbooks for different steps in the M&A process.
- you are supporting the group strategy and M&A function with the coordination and execution of M&A activities, such as strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, venturing, and innovation alliances.
- you are supporting the group Finance function with the coordination and execution of financing transactions, such as loan agreements, bond issues and capital market projects.
- you collaborate closely with colleagues from other functional areas and with executive management from various business platforms and the different regions in the execution of M&A and Finance activities.
- you engage, instruct and manage external lawyers.
You will be part of group’s the legal team with direct report to the Legal Director.
- You gained a master degree in Law and you have 5 to 6 years of experience as a Legal M&A professional in a well-respected law firm and/or in an international company.
- You gained experience in M&A law as well as project management with an international dimension.
- You have the ability to interact with executive management but also the ability to manage up, laterally, and down across multiple functional areas including, but not limited to: Finance, IT, HR, Tax and Operations.
- You have the ability to coordinate and manage outside advisors and consultants.
- You show a strong team spirit and you are a relationship builder.
- You have excellent communications skills and you are fluent in English. Spanish and any other language is a plus.
- You have strong negotiating skills and you are stress resilient.
- You have a pronounced international interest and you value cultural diversity.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
There is no need for you to be Spanish qualified lawyer, to have Spanish nationality or even to be fluent in Spanish. You may come from other jurisdictions. Profiles with international background and experience will be especially valued.
You will be organized, entrepreneurial and proactive, versatile, highly motivated by the project and curious and eager to learn and grow. You easily perform in an international and demanding environment. You will also be committed, very discreet and trustworthy, with the ability to listen and an assertive approach in your advice. You must respond to the monitoring and reporting policies of large multinational companies.
You will have great capacity and motivation for teamwork; a good relationship with the members of the Legal department will be very important. Likewise, a good understanding with the members of the other areas of the business will be essential, engaging in their activities, but responding with assertiveness. You must be flexible, with the ability to adapt to varied and changing situations and issues, to which you will be able to respond quickly and efficiently. They will be rigorous in your technical work, responsible and capable of working independently in a demanding professional environment.
Our client offers continuous development opportunities as well in the job as in the global organization.
The position offers a unique blend of internationally oriented work with a hands-on approach, requiring you to show a readiness to "step into the business" and help realize the business objectives of your team.
Our client offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.
You will be based in the headquarters of the group in Barcelona (Spain).
Our client offers you the opportunity to work in a top-level multinational company, in a global, demanding, dynamic, respectful and very professional business environment in which you will have the opportunity to participate in very interesting and complex legal matters, developing your career in the M&A and transactions field. You will be part of a project of growth and expansion, assuming responsibilities from the beginning.