In-house legal counsel with at least 5 years of experience in a well-respected law firm and/or in an international company, for an international group based in Madrid. Excellent knowledge of English is required.
Our client is a holding group located in Switzerland and Spain with three business activities leading in the manufacturing and distribution industry.
Descripción del puesto
He/she will provide legal advice to the business activities of the Group. In addition, he/she will be involved in international projects of the group´s Legal Department, in contact with the international business members of the group. The position will be in direct contact and will engage with the businesses at all levels, including senior executives and mid-level management, to provide the best legal advice in relation to each of the varied matters.
The candidate will provide legal advice particularly in relation to all legal matters, which are key to the business activities of the group. He/she will assist the national and international commercial and export teams, support also product, innovation (R&D) and marketing teams in its initiatives with partners, social media, also finance teams in financing and supply chain. Furthermore, the candidate may assist with regard to other areas of business law such as corporate house-keeping, labour law, competition law, data protection and industry regulatory requirements.
He/she will help the business achieve their objectives, this in the context of the transformation of the group. The candidate will therefore assist in finding client-focused and innovative legal solutions as required by this challenging environment, being a true business partner.
- Drafting, review and negotiate different type of agreement, such as NDAs, terms and conditions, licence agreement, innovation agreements, R&D agreements, software licence, SaaS/Cloud and services agreements and third-party collaboration agreements and or joint ventures to develop technology and innovation solutions, working closely with R&D, product, marketing finance, human resources.
- Drafting and negotiating international and national commercial contracts B2B and B2C with the full supply chain (distribution, agents, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, supply, and third-party agreements related thereto) working closely with sales teams, procurement and supply chain.
- Update the Group contract templates.
- Corporate housekeeping related to subsidiaries.
- Identifying, assisting, and assessing in relation to data protection, competition law, regulatory issues, and certain employment matters.
- Work on GDPR activities.
- Work with other local external counsels and experts on specific topics.
- Participate and support in trainings on legal issues.
We are looking for a Spanish qualified lawyer with at least 5 years of experience acquired as an in-house counsel in the Industrial, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Retail or Supply Chain sectors.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of contracts, very strong negotiation skills.
With proven experience in the Spanish jurisdiction but also knowledge on different European non-European jurisdictions.
Experience in handling multi-jurisdictional legal workload.
The candidate should have an international background or experience and Spanish and English fluency is a must. A good command at a professional level in other languages is very welcome.
High level of communication and written skills.
Anticipate issues and have a strategic approach to mitigate risks
Autonomous, proactive and willingness to work on broad variety of matters and issues as a business partner and strong interpersonal skills to work as a team player.
Excellent use of Power Point.
The candidate shall be versatile enough to assist in other areas of business law as needed by the company. The candidate must be able to solve legal matters of a wide range and will have participated in business projects involving various areas of law and cross-functional teams.
Professional rigour and sense of ethics are essential. Excellent communication at all levels and analytical skills are indispensable, as well as flexibility to adapt to market changes to contribute to the current transformation of the group to enhance its competitive position.
The candidate shall have organisational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and will be able to work with autonomy but being part of a team.
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join a top multinational group in the industrial manufacturing industry and operating in built-in home appliances, stainless steel containers and kegs, to provide legal advice in an exciting business and an innovative environment. You will participate and influence business decisions and will be part of a highly qualified international legal team based in Madrid. You will benefit from an open, flexible, and respectful working atmosphere. You will receive an interesting remuneration package.