In-house counsel with 4-6 years of experience in IP, IT and Commercial for a Swiss international company group. English is a must.
Our client is a holding of a group located in Switzerland and Spain which consolidates the established values of its companies under the umbrella of a clearly structured holding.
Currently, there are two Business Activities in the Group:
One of the business activities headquarters is located in Madrid. It is the largest business activity and one of the leading manufacturers of built-in home appliances and stainless-steel sink activities.
The other business activity is headquartered in Switzerland and is a worldwide leader of stainless steel containers and container solutions.
This group has a firm commitment towards society and this, together with its business ethics, result in a high value for their clients and end users. The group is undergoing a challenging transformation and integration project worldwide.
It is currently seeking to hire an in-house counsel for its international legal group to be based in Madrid.
Descripción del puesto
This position will be located in the center of Madrid, and will be part of the group legal function. While playing an important role in the global legal team, the position will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel of one of the group’s activities, who is also based in Madrid, and will be integrated in the local team. He/she will provide legal advice to the other business activity. In addition, he/she will be involved in international projects of the group´s Legal Department, in contact with the international business members of the group and with other counsels based in Switzerland. The position will be in direct contact and will engage with the businesses at all levels, including senior executives and mid-level management, to provide the best legal advice in relation to each of the varied matters.
The candidate will provide legal advice particularly in relation to all IP (Industrial Property law) and IT law-related matters and to all of the supply chain commercial agreements, which are key to the business activities of the group. He/she will assist the commercial, product innovation and marketing teams to achieve an optimal distribution and supply system, and will be involved in all the stages of the value chain of the business. The candidate will be key in assisting on the legal protection of the company's innovation applying IP law in-depth, and making proposals for IP-related strategies to that end. Furthermore, the candidate may assist with regard to other areas of business law such as company house-keeping, labour law, competition law and regulatory requirements.
He/she will help the business achieve their objectives, this in the context of the transformation of the group. The candidate will therefore assist in finding client-focused and innovative legal solutions as required by this challenging environment, being a true business partner.
The above includes the following legal tasks:
- IP (specially Industrial Property law) and IT law expertise: managing, legally advising and controlling all assets which contain IP law rights. This includes (i) managing the group’s trade mark portfolio, (ii) advising extensively in relation to patents, brands, utility models, domain names and copyright, and (iii) drafting and negotiating all the IP-related agreements such as IP licences, innovation agreements, R&D agreements, and IT agreements.T In addition, the candidate will assess, analyse and draw conclusions under IP law regarding the company's innovation, with a view to proposing key strategic decisions for protecting it. The above will be performed with the aim of preserving, defending and controlling the IP of the group in the best lawful way.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising legally on complex IT - related contracts, such as IT product, software and services agreements and third party collaboration agreements to develop IT and tecnology solutions.
- Drafting and negotiating international and national commercial contracts related to a vertically integrated activity and thus to its full supply chain (distribution, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, supply and third party agreements related thereto). It will also include agreements for the provision of innovative services to clients.
- Cormpany house-keeping, identifying and assisting with regard to competition law, regulatory issues and certain labour law matters.
- Providing internal training on relevant legal issues.
We are looking for a Spanish qualified lawyer with 4 to 6 years of experience in Industrial Property law and Information Technology contract law acquired either as an in-house counsel in the Industrial, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Retail or Supply Chain sectors, or at the IP/IT department of a top law firm. Experience in recognised brands, innovative and complex environments is an asset. The candidate should have an international background or experience.
A business acumen is indispensable. He/she will be a true business partner, which requires being proactive, applying a “hands-on” attitude and providing legal advice with assertiveness.
He/she will have excellent knowledge and understanding of IP and IT law matters, very strong negotiation skills and legal knowledge of national and international commercial contracts in the supply chain industry.
The candidate shall be versatile enough to assist in other areas of business law as needed by the company. The candidate must be able to solve legal matters of a wide range, and will have participated in business projects involving various areas of law and cross-functional teams.
Professional rigour and sense of ethics are essential. Excellent communication at all levels and analytical skills are indispensable, as well as flexibility to adapt to market changes in order to contribute to the current transformation of the group to enhance its competitive position.
The candidate shall have organisational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, and will be able to work with autonomy but being part of a team.
The candidate will have be fluent in English and Spanish. A good command at a professional level in other languages is very welcome.
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join a top multinational group operating in built-in home appliances sector and stainless steel containers, to provide legal advice in an exciting business and an innovative environment. You will participate and influence business decisions, and will be part of a highly qualified international legal team. You will benefit from an open, flexible and respectful working atmosphere. You will receive an interesting remuneration package.