Legal Counsel with 9 to 12 years of relevant working experience as a Legal M&A professional in a well-respected law firm and/or in an international company.
Excellent knowledge of English is required, knowledge of Spanish and any other language is a plus.
Possibility to work two days a week from home and also to work one or two days a week in Bekaert’s Brussels office.
Our client, Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. They pursue to be the preferred supplier for their steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with 28 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 5 billion in combined revenue.
Descripción del puesto
As a Legal Counsel M&A, based in the headquarters of the Bekaert group in Belgium,
- you are responsible to be the legal business partner for all legal work relating to the M&A activities of the Bekaert Group, providing general legal advice, drafting agreements and developing appropriate legal solutions.
- you will support corporate restructurings, optimizations and carve outs needed to implement these M&A activities.
- you will involve on an ad hoc basis the Regional Counsels of the legal department in the M&A and Finance activities in their region.
- you further develop the Legal M&A function within the legal department, building on past practice and experience, by creating tools and templates for due diligence, contracts negotiation, signing-to-closing.
- you will be involved in learning stops for relevant M&A projects and create playbooks for different steps in the M&A process.
- you are supporting the Group Strategy and M&A function with the coordination and execution of M&A activities, such as strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, venturing, and innovation alliances.
- you are supporting the Group Finance function with the coordination and execution of financing transactions, such as loan agreements, bond issues and capital market projects.
- you collaborate closely with colleagues from other functional areas and with executive management from various business platforms and the different regions in the execution of M&A and Finance activities.
- you coach and manage an M&A paralegal, ensuring the paralegal creates and executes on her individual development plan.
- you engage, instruct and manage external lawyers.
You gained a master degree in Law and you have 9 to 12 years of experience as a Legal M&A professional in a well-respected law firm and/or in an international company.
You gained experience in M&A law as well as project management preferably with an international dimension.
You have the ability to interact with executive management but also the ability to manage up, laterally, and down across multiple functional areas including, but not limited to: Finance, IT, EHS, HR, Tax and Operations.
You have the ability to coordinate and manage outside advisors and consultants.
You show a strong team spirit and you are a relationship builder.
You have excellent communications skills and you are fluent in English. Spanish and any other language is a plus.
You have strong negotiating skills and you are stress resilient.
You have a pronounced international interest and you value cultural diversity.
You are willing to travel abroad.
You grow, we grow… better together.
Bekaert offers continuous development opportunities as well in the job as in the global organization.
The position offers a unique blend of internationally oriented work with a hands-on approach, requiring you to show a readiness to "step into the business" and help realize the business objectives of your team.
Bekaert offers a motivating and competitive remuneration package, in accordance with your experience and competences.
You will be based in the headquarters of the Bekaert group in Zwevegem but you will have the possibility to work two days a week from home and also to work one or two days a week in Bekaert’s Brussel office.