Legal in house counsel for a multinational energy group, with 7-8 years PQE in Company Secretary, Corporate Governance and Compliance, gained in an reputed law firm or international company. French native and high command of English are required.
Our client is a young company in the field of nuclear energy. It works towards generating safe, clean and sustainable nuclear energy, combining existing accessible technologies at competitive costs. The team aims to build a new industrial standard in nuclear energy with the best possible safety and sustainability levels. The group has around 100 employees and presence in the UK, Italy and France, with a global mindset and a clear growing path.
Descripción del puesto
As an important part of the company’s team, the in house counsel will be based in the Group’s office in Lyon (France). The candidate will be the sole lawyer of the French company, reporting directly to the management. In addition, he/she will work very closely and in constanct cooperation with the external lawfirm acting as General Counsel of the group.
The lawyer will have daily contact across the company and needs to have a patient, consultative and constructive approach to advice/queries. In addition, candidates will also need to have the highest ethical standards and be prepared to stand by their views.
General tasks and responsabilities:
- Company Secretary: the lawyer will be responsible for internal affairs of the company, including organization of board meeting, drafting minutes, preparing legal documentation, liaising with other companies of the group and external General Counsel, etc).
- Corporate Governance matters
- Compliance: ensuring company’s compliance with all of its obligations and internal policies
- Contracts: the lawyer will draft and negotiate all contracts related to the company’s activity, both with private and public stakeholders.
- IP matters: the lawyer with ensure company’s IP is fully protected and managed, especially in contractual agreements
- Labor/Sydicate organizations: lawyer will navigate the relationship with French syndicate organization
We are looking for a French lawyer with 7-8 years PQE in Business Law: Commercial Contracts, Company Secretary, Corporate Governance and Compliance, gained in an reputed law firm or international company in a similar role. French native and high command of English are required. LLM and experience in the Energy field are a plus.
The lawyer will be based in Lyon/Lyon area. Remote working will also be possible for some days a week.
Candidates will be:
- Team player, able to work closely with other departments within the organization, with good communication skills
- Well organized, solution oriented, able to manage/comply with strict procedures/deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to engage actively with senior management
- Able to deal with classified information eventually
- Able to prioritize effectively and to work independently
- Open-minded and flexible in their job approach
Candidates are expected to act with integrity, with due skill, care and diligence; being open and co-operative with the regulators; pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly; and observe proper standards of market conduct.
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join a reputed multinational Energy group in a position of responsibility and impact. You will have continuous dialogue with the business and with the management staff of the company, as well as with General Counsel and other people abroad. You will participate and lead matters of relevance and complexity. You will benefit from a flexible, dynamic and open work environment, there is the possibility of teleworking. You will be offered a motivating and competitive remuneration package in line with your competencies and experiences.You will be able to progress professionally.