Legal Counsel – EMEA (Southern Europe) with 4-6 years PQE for a leading Industrial multinational company, to provide general legal support with focus on corporate secretary activities, commercial and compliance. Excellent command of English is required.
Our client is a leading Industrial and Medical Gases company in operation for over 120 years around the globe. The group provides industrial gases and related equipment to dozens of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. The group develops, engineers, builds, owns and operates some of the world's largest industrial gas projects, including gasification projects that sustainably convert abundant natural resources into syngas for the production of high-value power, fuels and chemicals.
Our client has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. It creates innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
The group has more than 780 employees in Spain and over 21,000 worldwide.
Descripción del puesto
The Legal Counsel will be based in Barcelona (Spain), and will provide general legal support mainly to the region of Southern Europe in collaboration and reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, with special focus on corporate secretary activities, commercial and compliance and support the wider European merchant gases business.
The role provides an exciting opportunity for a lawyer within a dynamic and changing business in a growth industry.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Draft board and shareholder resolutions, governing documents, certificates, minutes, and notarial deeds
- Preparing and maintaining legal books and corporate legal records
- Give accurate and timely legal support to internal clients on a variety of legal topics (commercial, corporate, litigation, compliance, etc.)
- Appropriately identify and analyze legal issues with an understanding of how to appropriately balance risk and the Company’s ability to pursue its business interests
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s legal rights
- Response to day-to-day queries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to development and implementation of internal governance policies and compliance initiatives
- Administrative activities related to outside counsels and other external services providers
- Provide legal training, guidance, clarification on legal language or specifications across the organization
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Identifying new tools and software to improve efficiency and service to the organization.
The successful candidate shall be a Spanish qualified lawyer with 4-6 years PQE in the Corporate/Commercial and M&A department of a reputed law firm or/and in a large international corporation.
Candidates should have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Corporate and Commercial law and procedures
- 4-6 years’ experience in an international law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel
- Law degree (Business Administration qualification will be considered an advantage)
- Eligible for Spanish BAR membership
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Ability to manage a diverse workload of matters at the same time
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relations with senior business colleagues
- Strong business acumen with ability to assess legal risk and commercial / practical considerations
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English (mandatory) third language is a plus.
- Ability to travel across Europe
You will be organized, entrepreneurial and proactive, versatile, highly motivated by the project and curious and eager to learn and grow. You easily perform in an international and demanding environment. You will also be committed, very discreet and trustworthy, with the ability to listen and an assertive approach in your advice. You must respond to the monitoring and reporting policies of large multinational companies.
You will have great capacity and motivation for teamwork; a good relationship with the members of the Legal department will be very important. Likewise, a good understanding with the members of the other areas of the business will be essential, engaging in their activities, but responding with assertiveness. You must be flexible, with the ability to adapt to varied and changing situations and issues, to which you will be able to respond quickly and efficiently. They will be rigorous in your technical work, responsible and capable of working with a certain independence and authonomy in a demanding professional environment.
The group offers you the opportunity to join the legal team of a worldwide leading group. You will enjoy a very open and cooperative working environment, where diversity and inclusion are essential. The group invites everyone to adopt an entrepreneurial mindset and share creative thoughts and ideas.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package in accordance with your professional background, with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Our client cares about work-life balance, so you will have the possibility to work from home 3 days a week.