Compliance senior specialist for a global life sciences leader headquartered in US, with a minimum of 4-5 years of experience. Is expected that the role will initially be for 12-18 months, based at least 2-3 days a week in the Group’s office in Barcelona. Fluent in Spanish & English.
Our client is a global life sciences leader that develops, manufactures, and delivers a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions. From its headquarters in the US, and additional facilities around the globe, the company serves customers in over 70 countries worldwide with a robust offering solutions including differentiated product platforms supported by extensive clinical evidence.
The Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants for employment and employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, transfer, etc. are considered without regard to racial or ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual identity.
Descripción del puesto
As an important part of the Compliance team, the Compliance specialist will be based in the Group’s office in Barcelona. Candidate will join the Compliance team and report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, based in the US, and to the Spanish Legal Director based in Barcelona.
Candidate will promote, administer, and enforce the Group Compliance Program (CCP). In particular, the position will be responsible for monitoring that the CCP is followed in regards to appropriate arrangements with healthcare professionals. Supervision of Compliance activities and support of the EMEA Compliance Officer in the implementation of new Group’s policies and procedures
General tasks and responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions”):
- Educates and trains the Group team members and EMEA Compliance contacts about the CCP and industry codes & laws requirements and the consequences of non-compliance
- Promptly, accurately and appropriately responds to questions, concerns and suggestions relating to the CCP
- Oversees, coordinates, monitors, advances and works with the Legal Department to verify Compliance with applicable national, state and local laws and regulations
- Work with the Global Due Diligence team to implement Group’s new global screening and due diligence process
- Assist with remediation of “red flags” arising from the screening and due diligence of Business Partners and HCP Consultants in EMEA
- Support Global Investigation team. Undertakes corrective actions to address and prevent compliance issues
- Participate actively in the revision and creation of Compliance Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions (emerging from new risks or changes in regulations). Identifies new risks and process improvement needs.
- Support the Criminal Prevention plan for the Group’ subsidiaries as per local legal requirements.
- Evaluation and approval of Compliance forms in general (added-value and tender forms)
- Conduct on/off-line training on Group’s CCP and anti-corruption policy to new employees and third parties’/business partners.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant trends and activities in the regional compliance sphere within the life sciences industry
- Coordinator of DAAC (Distributors and Agents review) committees and manages DAAC simplified processes requests
- Main approver of education and marketing agreements in internal platforms (Medispend, Cvent..)
We are looking for a Compliance specialist with strong understanding of Life Sciences/Health Care industries gained through, at least, 4-5 years of experience in a similar role, ready to make that next step.
Candidates will have:
- Legal Master degree (or equivalent) in Law or Economics
- A minimum of 4-5 years of Legal/Compliance work experience in the Life Sciences/Health Care industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Any additional language is a plus
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and have a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
- Must be used to work in an international/American matrix organization
- Must be used to work independently and within an international matrix organization
- Extensive independent decision making ability in the application of legal and compliance
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter willing to meet strict deadlines and time constraints
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Legal/Compliance related systems
- Must have strong analytical skills and outstanding interpersonal skills
Candidates will contribute to a strong culture of effective risk management, and they must understand, take ownership, and ensure compliance with all internal procedures, policies, regulation and standards. Thus, they will show excellence in record keeping and a focus on ensuring security and integrity of confidential data at all times.
We look for highly motivated profiles, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. They must have business acumen, commitment to legality, exceptional communication skills at all levels and the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
As an employee of the Group, candidates are expected to act with integrity, with due skill, care and diligence; being open and co-operative with all stakeholders; pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly; and observe proper standards of market conduct.
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join temporally a reputed global company in challenging position of responsibility and impact. You will have continuous dialogue with the business and with the management staff of the company, as well as with other people abroad. You will participate and lead matters of relevance and complexity in the Compliance field. You will benefit from a flexible, dynamic and open work environment, there is the possibility of teleworking. You will receive a competitive remuneration package according to your profile including meal allowance.