In-house corporate law counsel with 3 to 5 years of previous experience. English is a must.
Our client is an independent investment and asset management company focused on the renewable energy sector which brings turn-key investment opportunities to institutional and private investors. The company has presence in Europe and the Americas. It has an investment arm to originate, structure and place equity and/or debt securities, and an asset management arm to provide fully integrated management services for investors.
It is currently seeking to hire an in-house counsel for its legal department based in Madrid.
Descripción del puesto
This position will be located in Madrid, and will be part of the group legal department. The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a young, fresh and innovative team of proffesionals with extensive experience in their sector. The position will report to the Head of Legal and Group Companies Director.
He/she will provide legal advice concerning national and international energy projects and related investments. The position will be in direct contact and will engage with the businesses at all levels to provide the best legal advice in relation to each of the varied matters.
The candidate will help the business achieve their objectives. The candidate will therefore assist in finding client-focused and innovative legal solutions as required by this challenging and very dynamic environment, being a true business partner.
The candidate will have the following legal tasks:
- Company house-keeping: company secretary of all companies of the Group and of companies under management. Drafting shareholders and directors meetings minutes, taking care of all corporate obligations.
- M&A: Supporting on M&A transactions in which the company is involved.
- Legal advice on business contracts (Management Services Agreements, Operation and Managements, Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreements).
- Assisting with the development of the company´s compliance program, policies and procedures (financial, technical and legal, including data protection).
- Managing regulatory aspects and communication with authorities.
- Colaboration with the internal Finance and Tax, Technical and Regulatory and M&A teams to address their legal risks.
We are looking for a Spanish qualified lawyer with an experience ranging between 3 and 5 years acquired as a lawyer in a top law firm. The candidate should have an international background or experience.
A business acumen is indispensable. He/she will be a true business partner, which requires being proactive, applying a “hands-on” attitude and providing legal advice with assertiveness. He/she will have genuine interest for the renewable energy and financial sectors and excellent drafting and communication skills in both Spanish and English.
The candidate must be able to solve legal matters of a wide range, and will be a versatile professional.
Excellent communication at all levels and analytical skills are indispensable, as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial matters, ability to work under pressure and flexibility and ability to multi-task.
The candidate shall have organisational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, and will be able to work with autonomy but being part of a team.
Our client offers you a unique opportunity to join a top investment group operating internationally, to provide legal advice in an exciting business and a dynamic and innovative environment. You will participate on business decisions, and will be part of a highly qualified international team. You will benefit from an open, flexible and respectful working atmosphere. You will receive an interesting remuneration package.